DEN (Digital Equality Network) has been promoting youth skill development, employment, entrepreneurship development since its inception.Targeting local youth people engagement in social and economical activities DEN maneuver its Rural ICT, Training & Service Centre GHAT(Global House of Advanced Technology) in 2005 with the support of Swiss Contact, Katalyst Bangladesh. Managing and directing with kinetic attention(Research & Study,
Local Business & Social Sectional Dydynamics, Local Organisational/ institutional involvement etc) and persuasive measure, GHAT turning into a social sustainable model within a very short time. Then it was get the people attention more effectively when it reaches to the unemployed youth as entrepreneurship model for changing lives with business-economical sustainability. MSME (micro, small, medium enterprise) management software also introduced in GHAT and other MSME (under the supervision of GHAT) with the assistance of IDB and Intel(Global Ahead Program) for enterprise enhancement.
GHAT focuses many options targeting local people needs focusing their lives and livelihood. The main component of services GHAT provides:
- Information (Agro, fisheries-poultry etc farming, education, health, tourism, market, job-training etc)
- Training (Computer Operation & Managing, Web Design & Development, Outsourcing, Video Editing, MS Office-Internet/Email Use, App Development, ICT Centre Operation, Rural promotions etc)
- Training (Social especially IGA, Plantation, Education, Health and Childcare Etc)
- Knowledge Enhancement Programme(School based)
- Digital Studio Service (Photo Editing & Digital Studio Management, Video-graphy & Editing and Support Service)
- Campaign ( Awareness & Promotion)
- Certified Training i. BTEB Affiliated Training & ii. Polytechnic Industrial Attachment
- WEB & Online Promotions(Local Business, Market, Products, Heritage)
DEN established GHAT (Rural ICT, Training & Service) Centre to minimize the information & technological gap which causes poverty and illiteracy as well as interrupts knowledge transferring. Its standing on the door open position in the rural area since 2005 and still on board promoting different service and end people with their potentials, local assets utilization and establishing linkage with markets, institutions by reducing strong intervention of media-man/broker.
DEN has been promoting GHAT Entrepreneurship Model among youths as they can start it up with some staff(minimum 2) and can sustain within 6 months. Beside it plays effective role to promote the community as a whole in many respect and turns it as a community resource centre.